Monday, February 22, 2016

Crazy Blessed Mama Catch Up and VegasCation Day 1

 Wednesday 17th
This was a short week for for Brady, he was off on Monday for President's Day and then today he got out early for teacher/parent conferences and again tomorrow. I got to take the boys to Chuck E Cheese on Monday and today I got to have another date with them to Subway, one of their favorites.


Thursday 18th
Today was pink day for the C's! Corbs was not feeling taking pictures today!
One thing that's I've enjoyed about my Tuesdays and Thursdays without kids are my runs! Today was my 2nd long run, 10miles. I survived but barely. lol! Right after my run today I had to rush to get Brady picked up from school and we got to have a day date at Chilis. 
 



Friday 19th
Today I got my Christmas stuff down and yes you heard me correctly and I know it's Feb. 19th!!!! It took me several years but I finally broke my record of leaving my stuff up into Valentines day. I don't know why I dread taking it down so much, maybe its b/c Christmas just makes me happy or that I'm lazy or that my Christmas closest is so full of other things I don't want to clean it out to make room for Christmas, or maybe it's all of the above, but I did it, I finally made time and its put away.
 In the middle of me cleaning up, which I promised Ryan would get done this week, so nothing like waiting until Friday, he calls and asked if Corby and I want to meet him for lunch. This rarely happens so when it does I drop everything I'm doing to be there b/c it's just a treat to see him during the day. 
 
I have always loved these verses as well as 1 Cor. 9:24-27, look for a journaling for it soon.
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 
Obviously it's good stuff but I think the fact that I'm a runner and have participated in races just makes a different connection. or me, it just speaks to me and I love it! 
Corby at lunch with Daddy, he insisted on wearing this hat today and we are ready for Brady's first game of the season this evening.
Oh these boys!
I don't know if this makes sense to anybody else but I thought I was clever coming up with it. Brady's new team is called Fire and one day I belted out with Rhianna's song Girl on Fire to him and a light bulb with off for a shirt idea b/c you know I love shirts!
I love baseball season but I will love it more when I can actually watch an entire game and not be chasing Corbs around. Hear me out, I'm not complaining at all, I very grateful for my little man and know how blessed I am to be his mama, I cherish these toddler moments but I'm looking forward to when he is a little bigger so I can sit and watch a game all the way through and take pictures.
Brady had two games, the 2nd didn't start until 8, so I spent the last inning that I was able to watch at the top of the hill in the car while Corby watched Daniel Tiger for a min. b/c it was way past bedtime.
That's Brady in the middle, center field!
My view from the car


Saturday 20th
Brady had his last basketball game this morning and then we had the day to chill together. Well, the kids chilled while I cleaned house (b/c I always try to go out of town with a clean house) and packed for a little get away to Vegas for Ryan and I. 
 We are leaving so early in the morning that I took the kids to my folks tonight to spend the night, so Ryan and I got a night to ourselves at the house!
Before the cleaning and packing begin I got a run in! My race is just 8 days away. Drew some mile markers today! For some reason the coaching every .5 on map my run is just not enough. I really need big bright flashing lights 🔦, balloons 🎈🎈 or even cheerleaders 👏 at every mile 😂!!!

Sunday 21st
 Ryan applied (which I'm not even sure is the correct word) to be in the SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors), it's basically a global commercial real estate association. I don't understand completely what it is or how it works, but I do know it requires several things to even be considered. First obviously meeting the qualifications for membership then you have to apply, turn in a letter of recommendation, then there are certain amount of votes needed, and classes to take which is why we are going to Vegas. Super proud of  him!
He was trying to get his classes done as soon as possible and Vegas was the closest city and soonest time how convenient right, lol?! He first invited me b/c I think he was feeling a little guilty, he would be gone Sun-Wed for this and then Thurs-Sun for a "work" ski trip, and then another "work" ski trip in a few weeks. I don't think he was expecting me to yes, considering I would be by myself for 2days but once he asked I was not going to let him forget he did.
So here we are...
I got up at 4am this morning, ugh! My alarm was set for 5am but I woke up and couldn't go back to bed so I got up and did some bible journaling and finished cleaning up the kitchen before getting ready to go. 
 We left for the airport by 5:45 for our 7:20am flight. We watch Tom Hanks movie Bridge of Spies and it was so good, good enough to keep me up on an airplane which never happens, I usually fall asleep the min we hit the air. We arrived at our hotel around 9am Vegas time and since we weren't able to check in we headed over to Serendipity 3 for breakfast. Cutest place ever and the food was so good, huge portions but so so yummy! I really wanted to get a frozen hot chocolate which is what they are known for, come on I know you've seen the movie, but I had been up since 4am and not had my coffee yet so I got a fun coffee instead.
After breakfast we took a walk around the mall and then once we got into our room decided a nap was in order. 
I am not a gambler at all, in fact I just think it's stupid! I'm super competitive and hate losing and losing $ and having nothing to show for it is just crazy stupid to me. Ryan on the other hand loves it and no surprise to most, I'm sure, is really good at it. So because I love him I entertained the idea of sitting down at a black jack table with him and attempted to play although I have no idea what I'm doing. He found a great table and some very entertaining guys from England which was my cue to leave.
 My race now just a week away making time to run while we are awhile is a must. I googled the welcome to Las Vegas sign location b/c I thought it would be fun to run to it. Lucky for me it was just a little over 2miles away so off I went. Not the straightest or easiest fun, weaving in and out of people, running up and down stairs and over bridges but it was well worth it.  
After my run I got cleaned up and met Ryan at the table where I had left him hours before. I somehow dragged him away and we went to dinner at Gordon Ramsey's Pub and Grill and then don't laugh but we went back to our room and were in bed by 9. It's amazing how getting older and having kids does to you, years ago we, especially him might not even sleep at all being in Vegas. 


My of my favorite verses!!! We have nothing to fear, He is always with us, holding us with His righteous hand!!!!





Ryan got the Hangover Omelet and I got the Fried Eggs Benedict. What I really wanted was the Fried Chicken and Waffles but check out how big it was below.



I picked fashion over comfort this morning and didn't plan on walking the mall today so trading in my Pocahontas boots as Ryan refers to them, for some comfy shoes was the first thing on my list. At least Ryan was entertained and he actually won't a pair of shoes before me.

I love Betsy Johnson and her crazy style and so does my sister, so I had to send her this pic of the shake purse.

Our room at Ceasar's Palace








There was a long line to get pictures taken in front of the sign so I opted to ask some foreigners to take my pic from the side. They were so sweet but our communication was hilarious but they got the job done. BTW I never run with my hair down but I knew I wanted a picture and I wouldn't have time to wash it when I got back and didn't want to risk putting a wrinkle in it, stupid I know, but for the first time ever I ran with it down.







We didn't get lunch and I think I'm starving after I run and I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat so i got shrimp cocktail and a wedge salad.
 
And while we are away...
I have precious family and sitters that send us pics and videos of the kids.
 
 


We hated that we were missing games today, but this trip was planned before they decided to do this tournament. 
 
Brady got picked to do the coin toss, I didn't even know they did coin tosses in baseball.


 photo signature.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment